Monday, March 7, 2011

Gliese 849 ca & cb concepts

After a few months I have learned how to master the design of planets on photoshop. So far I have created many planets, but seeing that this is the most recent I thought I would share it. Welcome to a completely alien planet - Gliese 849 c, orbiting at a safe distance from it's mother star, a red giant. It seems be a safe planet, one that can contain life in complex forms, but not yet, far from it in fact. You may think that it is a paradise down there but touch down on the surface and you will find that it is a baron wasteland, with an ocean at an acidic ph due to the lack of oxygen. Life can however be found in the ocean in the form of small bacteria - evolving slowly into complex organisms, while living conditions continue to become favorable as oxygen has become more abundant due to the melting of what was once an ice world. Gliese 849 c is orbited by a large moon, categorized as Gliese 849 cb, a hunk of rock and iron with scarce amounts of water. I also learned during the time I created it how to come up with star scapes, I hope I get the time to do more. Once I get the family's heavy horse power computer back I should also be able to do a HD render on Blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment